View All Case Studies
The president needed a process that built on the research conducted by its in-house strategic planning team and that streamlined and advanced existing efforts. She also required a process that incorporated her ideas and priorities without diminishing the value of the grass-roots work done to date. Together with long-serving faculty and staff, the president sought a shared understanding of the institution’s direction and desired impact on its student body and community.
Plan A Advisors designed and facilitated a comprehensive and intensive day-long retreat for administration, faculty and staff that resulted in a compelling vision, major goals and objectives, and a carefully delineated series of next steps for the college for completing an extensive three-year plan.
• Formed a retreat steering committee representative of the participant groups.
• Conducted a site and facilities tour and drew data from planning research and institutional materials (admissions, enrollment, budget, marketing) to highlight major issues and opportunities for strategic focus.
• Led a visioning exercise to build a shared sense of direction.
• Drafted and refined the overarching goals to serve as the plan’s framework.
• Led a creative and engaging process to identify the concrete and essential objectives to fulfill the vision and goals.