Background. Plan A Advisors is a management consulting firm for nonprofit organizations and philanthropies with projects that include strategic and business planning, mergers, fundraising campaigns, and board development. Our aim is to strengthen the impact that nonprofit organizations have on their communities or the issues for which they advocate. Clients are based around the country and include human service, social justice, advocacy, educational, cultural, faith-based and community organizations often on the cusp of growth or change.
About the role. The Project Manager coordinates a portfolio of clients and projects, ensuring that clients appreciate the attention they receive and the quality of our relationship. Project management responsibilities include the coordination and completion of projects on time, within budget, and within scope. The Project Manager will set deadlines, assign responsibilities, and monitor and summarize project progress.
The Project Manager will:
- Build and maintain relationships with clients so that expectations are clear, and communications are seamless
- Ensure that projects are undertaken and completed in a timely manner
- Manage project scheduling and coordinate meetings, interviews, roundtables, workshops, conferences, retreats, site visits, solicitations, et al.
- Coordinate client meetings including scheduling, setting agendas, ensuring access for participants, taking notes, and undertaking needed follow-up
- Keep client and project teams up to date and equipped to meet deadlines
- Prepare client-facing documents including agendas, presentation decks, financial projections, memos and reports
- Work with clients to ensure that the plans we develop for them meet their organizations’ goals and aspirations
- Sensitively, creatively and efficiently resolve challenges that arise
- Advocate for a client’s viewpoint to the team and represent the team’s viewpoint to clients
- Maintain the confidentiality of client, prospect and firm information
- Other tasks as assigned from time to time
- Bachelor’s degree required; project management certification or advanced degree a plus
- 3+ years of experience in project management, nonprofits, consulting or applicable fields
- Outstanding organizational and time management abilities, creativity, flexibility, and exceptional attention to detail in order to keep multiple projects on track simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills (in-person, on-screen and in phone communications)
- Commitment to equity and an understanding of power dynamics
- Excellent writing and e-communications
- Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Powerpoint, Word, Excel). Experience with project management applications (e.g., Microsoft Teams, Asana) is a plus
- Facility with spreadsheet development and manipulation
- Accuracy in relaying information in all matters
Time and Resource Expectations
- Plan A employees generally need to be available from 9am to 5pm daily, with flexibility offered and expected (client meetings, interviews, and roundtable conversations occasionally take place in the evening or follow a West Coast schedule)
- Plan A will provide the Project Manager with a laptop, licenses to all needed software and access to tech support
- The Project Manager will be reimbursed for work-related use of their phone, home office, vehicle, as well as any approved travel and other incidental expenses related to Plan A responsibilities
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable candidates or employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job
- Permanent residence in the New York metropolitan area
- Availability for occasional domestic travel
- Consistent access to a quiet work environment with a fast and stable internet connection, suitable for participating in video calls with colleagues and clients
- Base compensation for this role is $60,000 – $75,000 commensurate with experience. Bonus and promotion opportunities are available.
- Benefits include health, vision and dental insurance; FSA, 401k with employer matching; paid time off, among other benefits.
To apply for this role, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Project Manager.” Please include:
- Your resume
- A brief cover letter describing why you’re interested in Plan A and our work and how your experiences align with the job responsibilities